Improve Public Speaking
and END Your Stage Fright
- Are you a business or corporate leader having a fear of making presentations?
- Are you being asked to make speeches at weddings and becoming anxious?
- Are you preparing for a public speaking event and beginning to get nervous?
- Are you avoiding promotion for the fear of public speaking?
You know that feeling – you work for weeks, prepare your presentation to the best of your ability, practice and practice and practice. You try and ignore the fear building up, then you get on the platform or stand up at the meeting and…… Dry mouth, shaky legs, blank mind…frozen!
Instead of appropriate levels of adrenaline and excitement to optimise your performance, your brain triggers a fear response (the fear of being judged negatively).
You are not alone!
The fear of public speaking is thought to affect as many as three out of every four people, and as such, is one of the most common phobias.
Causes of the Fear of Public Speaking
Possible reasons why your brain sends you fear response to public speaking include:
- Traumatic events in early life that triggered the awareness and activated the fear of public speaking.
- Low self-esteem triggers the fear of failure.
- Catastrophic predictions causing anxiety.
- Missed out on early life socialization or over-protective parenting result in social phobia.
With hypnosis we can help you rise above all these causes.
How to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking
Here’s where we can help…
You CAN overcome the fear of public speaking when you know how. There are two aspects to public speaking you need to focus on to do well:
- State of your mind
- Your public speaking skills
Enjoy Public Speaking with Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is generally good for helping people to manage their state of mind, but if you do not have good public speaking skills you will, in time, lose confidence in your ability to do it and become anxious about it again. So we will also advise you on public speaking skills or refer you to professional public speaking coach.
We will take you through a systematic and effective approach:
- You will learn and practice an effective relaxation, or anti-anxiety, technique
- We will help you gain self-confidence.
- We will teach you the powerful Self-hypnosis to increase relaxation and confidence.
- We will help you to identify the specific occurrence that first made you sensitive to the fear of speaking in public.
- We will also identify the subsequent event that activates the fear of public speaking.
- We can then very quickly help you to release and relearn until public speaking no longer triggers a fear respond in you.
- We will advise you on public speaking skills or refer you to a professional public speaking coach.
You will then be more able to effectively deal with that fear of public speaking should any situation call for it.
Using hypnosis, public speaking can actually become something you enjoy!
So, if you really want to learn how to manage your fear of public speaking, regain your confidence, and enjoy public speaking, we can help!
Hypnotherapy is not necessarily effective for everyone, but the treatment does hold a lot of promise when it comes to helping people improve their quality of life. These claims have also been founded by several studies and experience for several years. It is not the sole solution, but a conjunctive therapy wherein the outcome of the therapy also vary.
Please rate this article: