Can Hypnotherapy Help With Sleep Disorders?
Insomnia is a common sleep problem that can affect your quality of life! It can lead to depression, accidents, problems at work, marital and social problems, drinking more alcohol than usual and poor health. Do you….
- Have trouble falling asleep?
- Wake up during the night and have trouble going back to sleep?
- Wake up too early in the morning?
- Feel tired when you wake up, like you didn’t get enough sleep?
- Feel grouchy, sleepy, or anxious, and unable to get things done during the day?
- Does your sleep problem come and go, or is it on-going?
What Causes Your Insomnia?
There are many factors that can cause sleep problems. Some of them are:
- Mental Stress. Stress can be caused by fear or anxiety about a certain event, such as giving a speech. Or it can be on-going, such as constantly worrying about work or school.
- Excessive thinking or worrying, such as dwelling on an issue, catastrophe prediction, feeling powerless.
- Emotional distress, such as feeling down, anxious, overstressed, depression, anxiety, and other mental or emotional conditions.
- Sleeping environment, such as noise, light, temperature or the bed/mattress.
- Poor sleep habits, such as watching TV in bed or irregular bedtime schedule.
- Lack of regular exercise.
- Stimulants, such as tobacco, caffeine, medication, alcohol, or drugs.
- Physical health challenges, such as breathing problems, excess muscular tension, restless legs syndrome or pain in some parts of the body.
How can we help?
Insomnia is not a disease!
When you can’t sleep well, it often has to do with some other cause.
First we need to know:
- If you have checked with your doctor about your current health and asked about any health issues?
- If you are having or had any medication?
- Your sleep history – how well you sleep, how long you sleep, your bedtime habits, and any unusual behaviours you may have.
Sleep Better with Hypnotherapy
Then with hypnosis,
- We will help you to lower your stress, anxiety, agitation and muscular tension.
- We will help you identify and challenge negative beliefs about sleep.
- We will help you replace negative beliefs with positive beliefs about sleep.
- We will help you replace any negative associations between the bed/bedroom/going to bed and insomnia with positive experiences.
- We will give you hypnotic suggestions for easier, deeper sleep.
To foster the positive change into your life:
- We will teach you the powerful Self-hypnosis to increase relaxation and build confidence
- We will advise you on maintaining a sleep hygiene
If you want to have a good night sleep every night for the rest of your life, you can have it. We can help you how to achieve a healthier sleeping pattern.
Hypnotherapy is not necessarily effective for everyone, but the treatment does hold a lot of promise when it comes to helping people improve their quality of life. These claims have also been founded by several studies and experience for several years. It is not the sole solution, but a conjunctive therapy. The results of the therapy may also vary.
Please rate this article: